Buyer (Parts Department)
Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position at our production facility in Delta, BC.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing/procurement, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. The successful candidate will be someone who takes pride in his/her work, takes initiative and commits to exceeding customers’ expectations.
This position with our Parts team will include supporting the team, reviewing purchase orders and working with external vendors.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Process purchase orders in business/accounting system and vendors’ web portals
- Follow up on the delivery of purchase orders. Expedite and delay deliveries as needed
- Provide relevant information about purchase orders to end users in the company
- Obtain price quotes and validate pricing with suppliers. Contribute to team cost savings goals and document cost savings when appropriate
- Complete entry of all data fields to create POs, correct/edit existing POs as needed, update and maintain vendor information
- Manage all aspects of the purchase from requisition to delivery. Follow-up with suppliers on any/all issues in a timely manner. Ensure on-time delivery by expediting orders, shipment tracking, resolving custom clearance issues, etc.
- Assist internal customers on general inquiries, deliverables pertaining to placed orders, invoice reconciliation, and general procurement related issues.
- Act as a partner and maintain open communication.
- Communicate with supplier base to ensure that purchasing and quality requirements are clearly understood
- Acquire and maintain a general technical understanding of products and services purchased
- May assist in performance of cost analysis and volume planning for blanket or standing orders
- Provide support to other members of the Parts group and Supply Chain Operations in completing various procurement and cross-functional projects and deliverables
- Minimum three years’ purchasing/procurement experience
- Previous experience in the truck or heavy equipment industry and asset
- Journeyman parts certification an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills
- Customer service focus to serve internal customers and exceed their expectations
- Excellent organizational and computer skills; experience with an internal accounting system is a must
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed with the ability to determine task priority
- Reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Shiju Thomas, Parts & Purchasing Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.