Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in the warehouse of our Calgary branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, a willingness to learn, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. We are looking for an individual who is strong and active and whose solid work ethic is supported by references. The successful candidate will be someone who works well in a team environment, takes pride in his/her work, takes initiative and commits to exceeding expectations.
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an organized yard and warehouse using the forklift
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; vehicle provided
- Loading/unloading trucks and trailers with a forklift
- Ensure accurate receipt of incoming purchase order goods, within company set lead times, and communicate discrepancies to the Parts Manager
- Label and put away incoming inventory and supplies
- Administer quality control inspections of incoming purchase order receipts and communicate any quality issues to the Parts Manager
- Receive customer return orders
- Provide support to the Warehouse Supervisor when demand requires
- General labour duties such as housekeeping and general yard maintenance
- Working outdoors in all elements
- Working in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Washing large commercial vehicles upon completion of service and repairs
- NO SHIFT WORK. This is a full time position with possible advancement in the warehouse
- Valid AB driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- 2 years’ experience as a warehouse receiver, shipper or inventory clerk
- Forklift operator certificate is considered an asset
- Post secondary education in logistics, warehouse, or transportation is an asset
- Able to lift 50-70 pounds unassisted
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Dependable and punctual with a strong work ethic
- Good computer skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Rob Denison, Parts Manager (403-253-6421) should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.