Field Service Technician
Commercial Truck Equipment Co., a leader in the truck equipment industry, is looking for an eager, enthusiastic individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in our Woodstock, ON branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, ideally with truck mounted utility equipment (aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, etc.), a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated.
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate; only applicants with field service experience will be considered.
A company service truck to the customer site will be provided.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Valid Ontario Class DZ, air brake endorsement, or equivalent preferred
- Clean driver’s license is required
- Journey-person ticket
- CWB certification considered an asset
- Strong fabrication skills is an asset
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of the utility industry and hydraulic repairs to components and systems
- Available to be on-call to work late hours
- Ability to travel, including overnight travel
- Successful candidate must supply own tools; company will supply special required tools
- Professional appearance
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- Utility equipment installation, repair and servicing of aerial devices and digger derricks
- Responsible for diagnostic, repair and preventative maintenance according to established schedules
- Complete customer service documents within a reasonable amount of time
- Identify required replacements parts and work closely with inside sales personnel
- Build, repair, service and troubleshoot various hydraulic components and systems
- Actively promote Point of Sale items, products and services
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, including vacation allowance, boot allowance and tool allowance, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Chris Rayner, Service Manager, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.