Commercial Truck Equipment Co., a leader in the truck equipment industry is looking for reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in our Delta branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, a full driving license, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated.
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
To install components and systems associated with utility vehicles including CMVSS lighting, traffic advisors, work lights, emergency lights, compartment lights, inverters/generators, and associated AC wiring, exterior video systems, remote throttle and start/stop, and other job-related equipment on utility vehicles.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Install related equipment into utility vehicles
- Install electrical wiring, connect electrical fittings, drill holes, and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of related equipment
- Design and manufacture harness assemblies and sub-assemblies that are vehicle specific and necessary for vehicle installation.
- Develop wiring routes throughout the vehicle to provide for the most efficient wiring path and to enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting.
- Assist in documenting and maintaining all such information for future builds
- Design and fabricate fixtures; ability to modify existing equipment utilizing mig welder, plasma cutter, and shear an asset
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problem with all mobile equipment
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Basic knowledge of DC and AC electrical systems
- Knowledge and understanding of electronics theory, including the specific colors and color codes associated with electrical wiring.
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Ability to modify the interior of vehicles without damaging vehicle or equipment
- Ability to use all hand and power tools related to the job
- Experience working on utility vehicles is considered an asset
- Experience with vehicle programming and/or AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Ability to plan and build electrical harnesses is considered an asset
Skills and attributes:
- Self-motivated, analytical, and well organized
- Punctual and dependable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with other team members
- Able to work methodically with great attention to detail
- Independent; ability to work under minimal supervision
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Willing and able to work outside normal shift schedule as required
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks on a daily basis
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Erwin Bartz, Director of Operations, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.